Monday, June 1, 2009

sunday brunch

went off with very few hitches.
A couple of the girls that were supposed to bring food had something come up last minute so we lived happily on cheeses with honey and cheeses with sea salt and cheeses with cheeses and biscuits and breads and sweets and booze. Real food may have just taken up valuable sweets and cheese and booze room in our bellies so it was just as well.

Because we are all somewhere near or past 30, I thought it would be fun to throw a girly girly tea party brunch because if you were born before 1980 you probably didn't get to have a princess party like all the little girls are having now.

And we deserve it, dammit.

I dusted off the china that hasn't been used in over 40 years (seriously). I sidewalk chalked my front pavement with hearts and flowers and stars and swirls. I glittered a path to my front door. There were candies and tiaras and lip glosses and nail polishes and Lisa Frank stuff and jewelry and all sorts of things all over my house. And glitter. And I blew up over 100 balloons and let them bounce around the living and dining rooms. And there was glitter. And we drank peach nectar with peach schnapps&blueberries&Asti and we drank gin&lemonade and we drank cans of Miller Lite and we wore fancy dresses and we talked about life and work and kids and dogs and sex and drugs and rock and roll.

And we may have listened to NKOTB. And LL Cool J.

18 comments:

Heather-Anne said...

Pissed I misses, especially the glitter and the LL!

Tiffany said...

Do we have any pictures of this shin dig?

Sounds like fun!

Mara said...

Sounds like fun, I am so sorry I had to miss it!

Well Read Hostess said...

Next time, I'm in for sure!!

Courtney said...

Lora, sounds like a perfect brunch. such a great idea, I may have to borrow it.

Jori said...

It sounds like so much fun!

susan said...

Sounds simply amazing! Glad you had such a great time. Wish I could have been there to share it. Next time, perhaps...

Live Simply Mommy said...

That sounds like so much fun... with 3 daughters, we certainly get some princess parties here... but not for me!

Robbie S. Redmon, LPC said...

Hi Jennifer, just stopping over from SITS. Have a wonderful Thursday. I hope you will come visit and enter my first give-a-way!

TheOnlineStylist said...

What a great idea... I need to do this! A grown up glitter party with booze and sweets sounds like so much fun!

Mr. + Mr. Rubio said...

I'm so excited that I found this blog [FROM SITS]. What a great concept. Very cool. Unique and original, just how I like it.

Keep up the good work ladies!!

Days of Whine & Noses said...

did you start a different blog??? Haven't been on MT in a very long time!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Will be in Chicago same time as you!

Unknown said...

Love this website! Thanks for joining my sites!! This brunch sounds like fun!! Look forward to following your blogs! Jennifer

wineandroasts said...

Just found you on SITS - EXCELLENT post! What a great idea. :o)

Unknown said...

Check out my blog! I have 2 wonderful giveaways this week. It's my 200th post :)

deeps said...

Looks like you are still nourishing the brunch .. ;-)

That was a good discussion you had .. made sure to lay your mind on everything ..:-)

DNA said...

wish you lived closer! or i lived closer - however that works!

Savvy-Motherhood said...

why can't we live closer together? :( I wanna come over.